Why I do what I do
Growing up with a father who worked in treasury (back in Cambodia), my financial literacy has always been slightly better than most kids. Through his carefully structured words, he has taught me the importance of maintaining an equal sum; of how much we spend today impacting on how much we have in the future. While I may not have been aware at the time, I am certainly aware now. Especially of how much I unconsciously enjoy planning my finances. It just happens so naturally and with ease, that I find myself in situations where other people are talking to me about their finances as well.
With more than 10 years’ experience in the financial planning industry, I enjoy seeing the change in attitude from someone who has recently acquired a sum of money and not knowing what to do; to someone who is in control because they have trust in our professional advice and services. Seeing a financial plan come into fruition (in Wealth or Risk); eventuating into working practice, reaping in benefits to its recipient, is the most satisfying experience and is the reason why I enjoy doing what I do.
A few things about me
- I bought my first property at 19 and spent Christmas of the same year in 40-degree heat renovating it using techniques I picked up from YouTube.
- I have three young children who take up most of my weekend in between AFL training, ballet and taekwondo classes, birthdays and play dates. I never regret saying yes to letting them do what makes them happy.
- I loathe sleep because I feel there is so much more we can do and achieve whilst awake. Sleeping reduces our daily 24hr limit and takes away precious time that is quite finite. I do understand its importance, I just dislike it.
- I love food and enjoy dining out at my local cafes and restaurants. I enjoy travelling a good distance to taste a local favourite even if it means having to wait in a queue. It makes a good road trip as I revel in any opportunity to explore different parts of the city.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Accounting)
- Diploma of Financial Services (Financial Planning)