Why I Do What I Do
I have always aspired to help people, ever since I was a child if I could lend a helping hand I would.
I remember when I joined the Army that I told friends and family that I was going to help people all over the world. The Army for me was one of my greatest experiences, it had a multitude of ups and downs, though I genuinely believe it has made me the person I am today.
When the time came for me to leave the Army I discussed at great length with those around me what was I going to do, where else could I get the job satisfaction of helping others.
My father, who spent much of his working life in the finance industry, was the first to recommend me to build a career in financial services where, with exposure to some great mentors, I have gained a passion in advising others in making smarter and better financial decisions.
Risk protection has always been a vital part of the process. I for one believe that we should all work hard for our goals but need to ensure that we are protected in the case of an unexpected event. Wouldn’t you agree?
A few things about me
- Born and bred on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
- Joined the Army at 19 living all around Australia including Darwin and Brisbane.
- Family is key for me. I have a large family that live around Australia. We try to get together as often as possible though usually the best bet is Christmas, when more than 60 of my closest family members converge on my Uncle's house for the week.
- I'm a tragic Sydney Swans supporter. I like to think I can play however deep down I know I'm a shocking kick!
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning