Why I do what I do
I can pinpoint the moment I became destined for this career.
I’d had a wonderful childhood, in a fabulous family home. A pool and a great street to ride bikes. My life revolved around this place. But then my folks decided to go their separate ways. We had to move out and I lived with my grandmother for a year. I saw first-hand how money matters can negatively impact upon lifestyle and relationships within a family.
This memory has shaped my view on money and making more of it, so that it’s there when you need or want it.
I believe that working with people to take control of their financial future is a noble pursuit. Given I had an aptitude for finance and liked helping people, I chose a career in financial planning. I genuinely love seeing people having the financial confidence to live out their life dreams and tick experiences off their bucket list.
Once again I’ve been reminded of the importance of financial planning, and the joy it can bring, with the recent birth of my third child.
A few things about me:
- I was the youngest official at the Inaugural Rugby World Cup (Australia, 1987) selling programmes. Sales were low as I spent my days enjoying the 'access all areas' of the footy venues - which as a 9 year old I thought was much more exciting.
- I value the importance of family. My middle name, McIntyre, is a family name linked through mateship. Many generations ago one of my forebears was neighbours with Mr McIntyre. These men christened their children with the middle name of the other family to reflect the high esteem in which they held each other - a tradition that still continues. That same spirit of mateship, family and legacy is part of the fabric and culture of IMFG, Identity McIntyre Financial Group.
- I married my High School sweetheart Libby (although it included a 12 year break before we found each other again in our late 20s). It is funny how life turns out...
- We live in Manly and I love commuting to work by ferry. There is something calming about being on the water.
- Wealth creation
- Retirement planning
- Self Managed Superannuation
- Legacy planning
- B Com, Finance & Commercial law
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP)
- SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA)
- GDipAppFinInv, Applied Finance & Investment
- PC SMSF, Self Managed Superannuation
- Diploma of Financial Planning, Financial Planning