2015 Federal Budget
Sunday, May 17, 2015
To help understand what the Federal Budget means for you and your own personal financial planning, we have collated relevant information from trusted sources.
In the context of the issues our clients face, the government is sending a clear signal to you that the onus for providing for your future is increasingly your responsibility - whether you are planning a family, planning retirement or worried about your (or your parents) future Aged Care needs. Two examples include:
- Changing benefits for those of our clients having kids
- Reducing the number of people able to claim a part Age Pension to help supplement your retirement.
The good news it that there are no material changes to superannuation for the self-funded retiree and our small business clients will be encouraged to grow.
For more information on:
- What does it mean for you? (MLC Technical)
- Where does the Government raise its revenue and spend its capital on your behalf? (ABC News)
- What does it mean for the Australian Economy? (Macquarie Research)